- Visit the awe-inspiring highlands then go mountain biking down through lush green landscapes; ultimately arriving at the Peruvian jungle
- Capture one of the most amazing sights in the world, sunrise over the infamous Machu Picchu
- Experience the adrenaline rush as you go white water rafting on the Vilcanota River with captivating scenery and mountains around you
- Explore Cusco with its fusion of pre-colonial architecture and ancient Incan facades
Peru will always remain one of the most exciting moments of my life. Every day was so full of experiences! I’ll never forget a minute of this incredible adventure nor any of the places/people I discovered.
It was great! If all of the trips are like the Peru one, then you’re doing a really great job!
My trip to Peru with Wild Guanabana was more than amazing. Every thing was perfect and well organised to the tiniest detail! I will definitely seize any chance to travel again with WG.
Ahmed Nabil Abdel Salam
From the land of the Pharaohs to the land of the Incas, We came as strangers, worked as a team & left as friends. We all conquered our physical & mental barriers & came out as stars due to the environment WG provided. May your spirits always soar high.
An impressive trip that introduced us to wonderful food, amazing scenery & exhilarating adventures. From mountain biking, to hiking the ancient Inca Trail, to visiting Machu Picchu Temple, every morning there was a new adventure!
Mahdi Al Olabi
Travelling with WG was a great & unique experience, they simply take care of everything so you just enjoy. all the details show they are experts in such a special kind of tourism. Well done WG!!
The details were perfectly planned, The hotels/lodges were superb, The guides were knowledgable & fun with good English. WG made our trip carefree & the experience was wonderful. I’m already looking into joining WG on another adventure!
WG’s trip was a gate to a parallel universe where your senses are constantly teased. A chance to rekindle with a self long forgotten, you meet souls united by their will to break boundaries & land back to reality with an open heart.
Hadir El Hakim
I can safely say that those guys are simply the BEST at what they do. I blindly and highly recommend them to anyone who wants to discover the wilderness of the world. Peru’s trip was very meticulously planned. To many many returns for sure!
- Sightseeing and/or relaxation
- Light adventure, no previous experience or training required
- A challenge, no previous experience necessary. A moderate level of fitness and preparation are required
- Previous experience and intensive training is required
- Basic: lodging in guest houses, small hotels and/or camping. Mix of private and public transportation
- Standard: Clean and comfortable accommodation and/or well-maintained campsites. Mostly private transportation with occasional public transport when unavoidable.
- Luxury: Hand-picked luxury lodging or pampered campsites. Private and upgraded transportation facilities.
tCO2 = Tonnes of Carbon Dioxide Equivalent
How we do it
As an ethical and responsible travel company, we reduce our carbon footprint by designing trips that are low carbon impact and carefully calculating the impact with the help of an environmental consultancy. We then buy carbon credit equivalents to offset all emissions that cannot be reduced including those resulting from our day-to-day business operations. Our offsetting is done through an energy efficient stoves project in Kenya. On request, every traveller receives their own PDF offset certificate post-travel. Wild Guanabana is the first carbon-neutral travel company in the Middle East & North Africa. Note: We do not sell or issue flight tickets ourselves so consequently we don’t offset those emissions.
What does offsetting mean anyway?
It’s a way of reducing your ecological impact by ‘neutralizing’ the impact of your carbon footprint. Actions associated with travel amount to around a third of greenhouse gas emissions worldwide. Carbon offsetting offers a solution to reduce the impact of your travel by purchasing carbon credits that are invested in activities that reduce CO2. While this doesn’t erase all of the environmental impact, it does serve to help reinvest into the planet and contribute to activities which help its conversation. For more information on Carbon offsetting read more from our partners ERCC Carbon and our Sustainable Travel International.
Which month to travel:
Itinerary Details / Price Inclusions & Exclusions
Day 1: Hello Latin America (L/D)
Today we visit one of Lima’s symbolic markets to see the amazing variety of fish, fruit, and vegetables used in Peruvian food. You will be equipped with a list of names and descriptions of foods you will encounter to help you enjoy this visit even more. Afterwards, you will watch as the chefs from a famous restaurant demonstrate how to prepare the Peru’s main dishes and learn how to make an exquisite cebiche or famous lomo saltado (sautéed tenderloin strips and French fries). Rounding out this culinary experience is a delicious lunch.
Day 2: The Capital Of The Ancient Inca Civilization (B)
We fly to Cusco, the ancient capital of the Inca civilization, early morning and are taken to our hotel to drop our things. We get a tour of this spectacular city with our experienced guides. We will visit the Koricancha or Temple of the Sun, where we can appreciate the incredible masonry of the Incas, the Plaza de Armas and the Cathedral with its carved woodworks, altars and paintings. Then we will drive to the Inca fortress of Sacsahuamán, to the underground cave and temple of Kenko, have a panoramic view of Puca Pucará and then we enter to Tambomachay, known as the Baths of the Inca. Finally, we stop at the living art the workshop “ Inka´s Expression then have the rest of the day to explore, shop and relax some more. The fusion of pre-colonial architecture and ancient Incan facades intertwine beautifully to give this city an unmistakably rich character.
Day 3: From Highlands To Jungle (B/L/D)
We depart early to the awe-inspiring ancient ruins of Ollantaytambo en-route to an altitude of 4,350m and the starting point of our mountain biking adventure. As we descend to the lower lusher green landscapes at 1,130m winds we cross a variety of diverse landscapes as the high mountains give way to valleys and ultimately arriving at the Peruvian jungle. There is a stop midway at the ruins of Wamanmarka and a packed lunch before heading to the jungle lodge and our home for the evening.
Day 4: Going Native (B/L/D)
Today’s adventure takes place on foot. We hike trails passing areas of coffee bean cultivation and harvest as well as the sacred plant of the Incas, coca leaves. We continue by following original Inca paths and learn the history of this incredible road system. At the trail end there is an opportunity to visit the medicinal thermal baths of Santa Teresa. When the sun goes down we kick back and spend the night at another jungle lodge further towards our goal.
Day 5: Doing Things Differently (B/L/D)
We continue our trek, this time in search of the hanging bridges that allow us to cross the river Vilcanota (holy river of the Incas). Along the way we enjoy the large variety of butterflies, parrots and iguanas that surround us before lunching in Hidroeléctrica. We finally arrive in Aguas Calientes, for dinner and our overnight stay in the village.
Day 6: The Amazing Machu Picchu (B/L)
We get up before daybreak and walk for an hour to capture one of the most amazing sights in the world, the sunrise over the ancient Incan ruin complex of Machu Picchu, one of the wonders of the modern world. You then have access to a 2-hour guided tour followed by time to explore the city on your own before descending to the village of Aguas Calientes. Late afternoon we take the train back to Cusco to arrive there in the evening just in time to experience some more Cusquenan nightlife.
Day 7: Witnessing White Water (B/L)
We wake up early morning and head into the sacred valley and begin white water rafting down the exciting Class II/III Vilcanota River with our experienced guides while enjoying the breathtaking scenery all around. We get back to Cusco before nightfall and get another chance to really take in the beauty of this charming city. Stay up late and sleep in the next day or get an early night for more activities, the choice is yours.
Day 8: Horse-Ride Or Horse-Around (B)
We spend the early morning and afternoon in Cusco to do some last minute shopping, exploring or relaxation. The adventurous can enjoy an optional morning horse ride in the lush green Peruvian countryside north of Cusco. We then catch our mid afternoon flight back to Lima for you to catch your flight back home.
- This price is based on a minimum of 4 participants
- Consultation on every aspect of preparation
- Buses and private car transfers
- All hotels as mentioned above
- All meals as mentioned above (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- All adventure activities as mentioned above
- Mountain bikes and all group hiking equipment (e.g.: tents, stoves etc)
- All national park fees including Machu Picchu ticket
- Premium Vista-Dome train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco
- Donkeys and porters to help manage loads during the entire trek
- Professional English-speaking guides throughout the journey
- First-aid supplies and experienced professionals in its use
- Rooms are on double room shared basis
- International flights to and from Lima, Peru
- Domestic flights
- Single room supplement
- Optional visit to the Ollantayatmbo Fortress on Day 3
- Airport Tax in Lima
- Bus ride up to/down from Machu Picchu
- Rental of personal hiking equipment
- Travel and medical insurance